Typically baked, this New England–inspired seafood dish gets a summer upgrade with the help of a grill and a bed of peppery arugula. Serve as a light entrée or as an appetizer.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Sea Scallops, thawed
- Skewers (soaked, if wooden)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely crushed butter crackers crumbs (around 5 crackers)
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Set grill or grill pan to high. With paper towels, pat the scallops very dry. Thread onto the skewers. Brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill scallops 2 min. per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board. Arrange the arugula on a serving plate. Remove scallops from skewers and place on top of arugula.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, green onion, cracker crumbs, and lemon zest. Sprinkle crumb mixture over scallops to serve.
This recipe is
- June 2021
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- Egg Free