Crushed butter crackers and zesty ranch seasoning give these 5-ingredient homemade chicken nuggets a golden crust and plenty of flavor—the quickest way to your kid’s heart.
- Cooking spray
- 30 butter crackers
- 1 lb ground chicken breast meat
- 1 (1 oz) packet dry ranch seasoning mix
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange a wire rack on sheet pan lined with parchment. Spray rack with the cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse butter crackers until fine crumbs form, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl occasionally (about 1 cup crumbs).
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, ranch seasoning, and ¼ cup cracker crumbs. Form into balls and flatten into 1½-inch-wide nuggets.
- In a shallow dish, beat the eggs. Place remaining cracker crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip nuggets into egg, then cracker crumbs, turning to coat and pressing to adhere. Place on wire rack. Coat tops of nuggets with cooking spray. Bake 20–25 min., until cooked through. Season with salt to taste.
Serve these plain or with honey mustard or barbecue sauce for dipping.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- September 2021