This 5-ingredient, fiber-filled, and oh-so-simple dish could pass as lunch or dinner. Use any pasta shape you like, and any amount of red pepper for heat preference. Serve this up warm or chilled as a pasta salad.
- 1 (16 oz) box orecchiette pasta
- 5 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp crushed red pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orecchiette pasta and cook 7 min., stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli and cook 3–4 min., until pasta is cooked and broccoli is crisp-tender. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid before draining. Return drained pasta and broccoli to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the garlic and cook 5–6 min., until golden, stirring often. Stir in the crushed red pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add garlic mixture to pasta mixture and toss to coat, adding reserved cooking liquid 2 tbsp at a time, if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free