What’s for dinner? Fortunately this age-old question has a quick, flavor-filled answer: Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork.
- 1 (1.7 lbs) Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet, cut into 6 steaks
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1.5 tsp canola oil
- 6 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1.5 cups (6 oz) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat broiler to High setting. Place pork slices on a large sheet of plastic wrap, top with another sheet of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Place peppers on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle with the oil and toss until well coated, spread into a single layer. Place pork planks on baking sheet alongside peppers.
- Broil 4 minutes, turn pork and stir peppers; broil an additional 4 minutes until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F. to 160°F.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tablespoon pizza sauce over each pork plank, top with the peppers, pepper flakes and cheese. Broil 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until cheese just has melted and just begins to lightly brown.
Recipe provided by Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork.
- Calories 552kcal 28%
- Fat 33.2g 51%
- Saturated fat 13.1g 66%
- Carbs 11.0g 4%
- Sodium 1720mg 72%
- 5.0g sugar
- 1.4g fiber
- 59.0g protein
- 155mg cholesterol