This plant-based breakfast will jump-start your day. Scrambled tofu packs the protein while bell peppers bring the vibrant color and flavor in this 25-minute breakfast or brunch.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg extra-firm tofu
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sliced roasted bell peppers
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Lime wedges
- Hot sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with a paper towel. Using your hands, crumble tofu into pieces. Place in a strainer and press out excess moisture with the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, to a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high, add the sweet potatoes and 1 cup water. Bring water to a boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook 8–10 min., until sweet potatoes are mostly tender and liquid has evaporated. To skillet, add tofu, sprinkling turmeric on tofu and stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To skillet, add the oil and stir in the bell peppers, beans, corn, and chili powder. Cook 5–7 min., until tofu is browned, adding ¼ cup water if too dry. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lime, hot sauce, and chopped cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free