Take mashed potatoes up a notch in this cheesy version that will wow your holiday crowd and can be made in advance, if needed.
- 1 ½ lbs russet potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 2 (5.2 oz) pkgs Boursin garlic & fine herbs cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel and cut the potatoes into 2-inch chunks. To a large pot, add potatoes, salt, and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Partially cover and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 15 min., until very tender. Drain potatoes well and return to pot
- To a microwave-safe bowl, add the milk, butter, and ½ tsp salt. Microwave 1–2 min., until milk is simmering and butter is melted. Add milk mixture to potatoes and mash with a potato masher until smooth. If making ahead, refrigerate the potatoes and wait to preheat the oven until the next step.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 Boursin cheese until fluffy, gradually adding in 1 egg at a time to fully combine. Add to mashed potato mixture and stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a 2-qt baking dish. Place the remaining Boursin cheese in center of baking dish. Bake 30 min., until fluffy and warmed throughout. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- Wheat Free
- gluten free