This grilled chicken and cabbage dish is a 5-ingredient dinner that cooks in 25 minutes. Marinate the day before for optimal flavor.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ (13.5 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 5 tbsp Thai red curry paste, divided
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin cutlets. With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast between pieces of plastic wrap to ⅓-inch thickness. Add chicken to a resealable bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and 2 tbsp red curry paste. Pour over chicken breasts in bag and seal. Let marinate for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, trim root of the cabbage and cut in half. Divide each half into 4 wedges (8 total), still keeping the core so wedges stay intact. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and remaining 3 tbsp red curry paste until smooth.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and cabbage to grill. Cook chicken 6–7 min. per side, and cabbage 2–3 min. per side, brushing with the oil mixture while cooking. Cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and cabbage is wilted. Serve chicken with 2 cabbage wedges.
This recipe is
- 9 to 5
- Dairy Free
- gluten free
- Five Ingredients
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021
- 9 Ingredients 5 Meals
- Egg Free
- 5 ingredient
- Wheat Free
- Flavor Fusion
- Lactose Free