Mashed avocado subs for mayonnaise in a wholesome shrimp salad served over a vinegary, crunchy slaw.
- 1 ½ lbs frozen raw peeled, deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ head cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- ½ (10 oz) bag shredded carrots
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 2 min. Drain in a colander and run cold water over shrimp to cool. Remove and discard shrimp tails. Roughly chop shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, add 3 tbsp oil and juice of 1 lime. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cabbage and carrots. Let sit to wilt.
- Meanwhile, to medium bowl, add 1 diced avocado, the juice of remaining lime, and remaining 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, mash avocado until smooth. To bowl, add remaining 1 diced avocado and shrimp to mixture, folding in gently. Serve shrimp salad over slaw.
This recipe is
- 9 to 5
- Dairy Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021
- 9 Ingredients 5 Meals
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- Flavor Fusion
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free