Baking the quesadillas lets you cook an entire batch at once without a mess. Serve as is, or top with store-bought salsa and guacamole.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Nature's Promise Organic Low Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Cooking spray
- 16 white corn tortillas
- ¾ cup grated cotija or crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 (8.8 oz) pkgs precooked Nature's Promise Mexican Style Rice
- Preheat oven to 450°F. To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butternut squash and 3 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 8–10 min., until tender.
- Remove plastic from butternut squash and let cool. Using a fork, mash squash until smooth. Add the black beans and lightly mash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Arrange 8 tortillas on baking sheet. Spread squash mixture evenly over tortillas and top with the cotija cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, pressing down to adhere. Coat tops of tortillas generously with cooking spray.
- Bake 15–20 min., until quesadillas are golden brown and crisp around edges, flipping once halfway through. Meanwhile, microwave the rice according to package directions. Cut quesadillas into halves and serve with rice.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021
- Egg Free
- Calories 465kcal 23%
- Fat 11.0g 17%
- Saturated fat 3.0g 15%
- Carbs 80.0g 27%
- Sodium 390mg 16%
- 2.0g sugar
- 10.0g fiber
- 14.0g protein
- 11mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?