These cheesy sausage meatball sliders don’t just make a perfect family-friendly dinner—they also work as an appetizer, game day snack, and more.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Sweet Italian Pork Sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Hawaiian rolls
- ½ cup finely shredded 6 Cheese Italian Blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove the sausage meat from casings and roll into 12 (1½-inch) meatballs. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. To skillet, add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté vegetables 4–6 min., until just softened, stirring occasionally.
- To skillet, add sausage meatballs and sauté sausage 4–5 min., until golden on outside. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer 5 min.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully cut the rolls in half horizontally while keeping the rolls intact. Add bottom half of rolls to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place 1 meatball onto each roll square, topping with a spoonful of tomato sauce mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese and add roll top. Bake 10–20 min., until fully warmed through. Serve with any remaining tomato sauce mixture for dipping, if desired.
This recipe is
- 9 to 5
- Nut Free
- September 2021
- Family Favorites
- 9 Ingredients 5 Meals
- Egg Free