This affordable breakfast is hearty and delicious with a creamy mix of beans, greens, and eggs.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 (16 oz) bag chopped kale, thawed and drained
- 6 large eggs
- 4 dinner rolls, warmed if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet on medium-high. Add the cannellini beans and mash only half of them with a fork or potato masher. Stir in the garlic and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the kale a few handfuls at a time, stirring until wilted, until all the kale is in skillet. Sauté mixture 5 min., until completely wilted. With a wooden spoon, make 6 wells in pan for eggs. Add 1 egg to each well. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Place ovenproof skillet in oven and cook 9–10 min., until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness. Serve with the rolls.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- December 2021
- $10 Meals
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free