Rich with chocolate and a subtle nuttiness, these 5-ingredient gluten-free cookies are a sweet treat with morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- 2 cups Nature's Promise® Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg white
- Confectioners' sugar, to dust (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the almond flour, sugar, chopped chocolate, and pumpkin pie spice. Process 1 min., until mixture turns into a fine powder. To food processor, add the egg white and pulse until a stiff dough forms.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment. Sprinkle work surface lightly with sugar. Roll dough to ¼-inch thickness (if dough is too sticky to roll, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15-20 min.). Using a 2- to 3-inch star or snowflake cookie cutter, cut dough into shapes and transfer to prepared pans. Let dough sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. If desired, dust with the confectioners’ sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake cookies 15 min., until slightly puffed. Cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For crispier cookies, let them sit out for 2-4 hours before baking.
This recipe is
- 5 ingredient
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Five Ingredients
- December 2021