Assemble all the dry ingredients for homemade beer bread, gifting with beer, or instructing giftees to use their own favorite beer in a highly customizable yet inexpensive edible holiday gift.
For the mix:
- 4 (32 oz) wide-mouth mason jars
- 12 cups self-rising flour, divided
- 8 tbsp sugar, divided
- 4 (1 oz) packets dry ranch seasoning mix
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp salt, divided
To make it:
- Cooking spray
- 4 (12 oz) bottles favorite beer, divided
- 8 tbsp butter, melted and divided (optional)
- To each mason jar, add 3 cups self-rising flour, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 packet ranch seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp salt. Seal and shake to combine.
- To make each mason jar beer bread, coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with the cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir the contents of one mason jar with 1 (12oz) beer to combine. Transfer to loaf pan and brush with 2 tbsp melted butter. Bake in a 350°F oven for 45–50 min., until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 min. before serving.
Don’t forget to gift the beer bread with baking instructions.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gifts from the kitchen
- Homemade Gift
- December 2021
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- Edible Gift