The ultimate blend of creamy hot cocoa and warm spices, this easy homemade edible holiday gift will impress kids and adults alike.
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 (12 oz) pkg semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 (4 oz) pkgs unsweetened chocolate baking bars, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 ice pop sticks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- To a medium heavy-duty pot, add the condensed milk and heavy cream. Heat to a simmer on medium-high, watching carefully so milk doesn’t scald.
- As soon as the mixture is hot, remove from heat and add in both chocolates, along with the cinnamon and vanilla. Let sit 30 sec.–1 min., for chocolate to melt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a plastic wrap–lined ice cube tray. Add an ice pop stick in the center of each. Top with the mini marshmallows. Freeze for a few hours until set. Wrap in cellophane and a bow for gifting with instructions to stir 1 or 2 hot chocolate cubes into 8 oz hot milk.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gifts from the kitchen
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Homemade Gift
- December 2021
- Egg Free