Impress friends and family with homemade cookie kits that provide them with all the fun of decorating without any of the hassle of baking.
- 2 (20 oz) containers store-bought round sugar cookies
- Resealable sandwich bags, as needed
- 4 (16 oz) cans vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring or gel coloring
- Green food coloring or gel coloring
- 10 disposable piping bags and rubber bands
- 2 (6.8 oz) containers Christmas or rainbow sprinkles
- ½ (10 oz) bag semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Red and green sanding sugar, as needed (optional)
- Resealable snack bags, as needed
- 5 (7x8 inch) gift tins
- Twine or ribbons (optional)
- Add 8 sugar cookies to each of 5 resealable sandwich bags. Divide the frosting evenly into 2 large mixing bowls. Add the red food coloring to one bowl, and the green food coloring to the other. Mix to fully combine.
- Divide red icing into 5 piping bags, tying with rubber bands and trimming bags if needed. Repeat with green icing and remaining 5 piping bags. Divide the sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, and sanding sugar (if using) evenly among snack resealable bags, creating 5 bags for each.
- Assemble each gift tin with 1 cookie bag, 1 piping bag of each color, and decorating bags. Tie with twine or ribbons, if desired.
To get a vibrant color for the frosting, use gel frosting.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gifts from the kitchen
- Homemade Gift
- December 2021