This classic combo of potatoes and leeks is packed with fresh rosemary and goat cheese for an elegant vegetarian appetizer or entrée for any type of gathering.
- 2 small leeks, trimmed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ready-to-bake 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 8 oz Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 (4 oz) log goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Halve the leeks. Thinly slice the white and light green parts of leeks and submerge in a large bowl of water. Swish and separate rings to release grit. Drain and then submerge and swish in water again. Drain well.
- In a medium 10-inch skillet, melt butter on medium-high. Add leeks, season with salt and pepper, and sauté 8–10 min., until soft. Stir in rosemary and cook 1 min. Remove from heat.
- Unroll pie dough onto a rimmed parchment-lined baking sheet. Thinly slice the potatoes into ⅛-inch rounds and layer over dough, leaving a 1½-inch border. Sprinkle the goat cheese and leek mixture over potatoes. Fold crust edges in over vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 tbsp water. Brush dough with egg wash.
- Bake 45–50 min., until dough is golden brown and potatoes are fully cooked. Allow tart to rest at least 15 min. Garnish with the chives. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- December 2021
- Meal Prep