A 5-ingredient dinner, this slow cooker salsa chicken will become a family favorite.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cumin, divided
- 1 (16 oz) container salsa, divided
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (8.8 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise® Mexican Style Rice
- To a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker, add the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with ¾ tsp cumin and season with salt and pepper. Pour 1 cup salsa over chicken. Cover with lid and cook 3½–4 hours on high or 7–8 hours on low, until chicken is fork-tender.
- To a microwave-safe dish, add black beans and rice. Season with remaining ¼ tsp cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 3–4 min., until hot.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken from the slow cooker to a medium bowl, leaving any remaining liquid. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Microwave remaining 1 cup salsa for 2 min., and stir into shredded chicken. Serve chicken over rice and beans.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- Take 5: Five Ingredient Recipes Cookbook
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- Wheat Free
- December 2021
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free