These juicy plant-based burgers have melty cheese throughout. Add your favorite burger toppings and condiments for a meatless meal.
- 3 oz extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb plant-based ground beef, such as Beyond Burger
- 4 whole-wheat buns, toasted if desired
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Cut the cheese into ½-inch cubes. To a medium bowl, add the plant-based ground beef and cheese cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix gently to distribute cheese cubes. Divide and shape plant-based meat mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a greased grill pan or 12-inch skillet on medium-high. Add patties and cook for 3 min. per side, until browned and cheese begins to melt.
- Place burgers on the buns. Top with the lettuce and tomato.
Add extra garnishes like sliced red onions and ketchup or mustard.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- plant based
- April 2022
- Egg Free