Made with seasoned jackfruit, black beans, corn, and fire-roasted tomatoes, this satisfying vegan soup is quick, easy, and delicious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs Tex-Mex jackfruit or vegan chicken, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp sodium-free chili powder
- 2 cups Nature's Promise® Tortilla Chips
- Lime wedges, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions, to garnish
- In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion and cook 5 min., until almost softened. To pot, add the jackfruit or vegan chicken and continue to cook 5 min. more, stirring occasionally.
- To pot, add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, vegetable broth, water, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10–15 min., stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with the tortilla chips. Garnish with lime wedges, cilantro, and green onions.
To use canned jackfruit, drain, place on a clean kitchen towel, and pat dry. Using fingers, shred jackfruit. Add shredded jackfruit to soup in step 1.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free