This hearty, cheesy appetizer combines the best of nachos and fries. Serve these potatoes for a game day bash or get-together.
- 4 (15 oz) cans sliced white potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- ½ cup dark beer, like Guinness
- 1 (8 oz) pkg shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 slices Nature's Promise® Fully Cooked Bacon
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Sour cream
- Sliced fresh jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Drain and rinse the potatoes, patting dry with paper towels. Toss with the oil and season with salt and pepper. To parchment-lined baking sheets, add potatoes in a single layer. Roast potatoes 30 min., until golden, flipping halfway through.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter on medium. While whisking, add the flour and cook about 1 min. Stir in the milk and beer; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, microwave the bacon according to package directions. Roughly chop bacon. When cheese sauce is done, on a sheet pan or serving platter, scatter half of roasted potatoes. Pour half of cheese sauce on top and sprinkle with some bacon, tomatoes, chives, sour cream, and jalapeños. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
If desired, use kettle-cooked potato chips in place of the potatoes.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Nut Free
- February March 2022
- Big Game Snacks
- Egg Free