This quick dinner comes together in just 20 minutes and is packed with protein and flavor. Enjoy it warm or cold.
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 (16 oz) pkg silken tofu
- 1 (10.5 oz) pkg soba noodles
- 1 (10 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Organic Vegetable Slaw
- 6 tbsp Nature's Promise® Organic Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter
- 1 (¾ inch) piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 small seedless cucumber, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, plus more to garnish, if desired
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a medium flat-bottomed dish, whisk together 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp sesame oil, and 2 tbsp water. Drain the tofu and cut into thin slices. Add to the soy sauce mixture, spooning over the tofu. Refrigerate to marinate 30 min. or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil on high. Add the soba noodles and vegetable slaw. Cook 3–4 min., until noodles are tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, to a large serving bowl, add the peanut butter, ginger, remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce, remaining 2 tbsp vinegar, and remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil. Whisk until smooth. Thin out dressing with 4–6 tbsp warm water for a smooth, pourable consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To bowl with dressing, add noodle mixture, cucumber, and cilantro. Toss to coat evenly. Divide noodle mixture among shallow bowls, top with marinated tofu, and drizzle with any remaining soy marinade. Garnish with the sesame seeds and more cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Plant Forward
- April 2022
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free