This meatloaf recipe is packed full of the flavors of home and is even better the next day.
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (2 oz) pkg onion soup & dip mix
- ¾ cup ketchup, divided
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 lbs pork, veal, and beef meatloaf mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and coat with the cooking spray.
- Using a box grater, coarsely grate the carrots and zucchini into a large bowl, aiming for around 1½ cups total. To bowl, add the eggs, onion mix, ½ cup ketchup, and ¾ cup water. Mix well to combine. Season well with salt and pepper. To bowl, add the bread crumbs and meatloaf mix. Mix until just combined. Add meat mixture to baking sheet and shape into a loaf.
- Bake 1 hour. Glaze top of meatloaf with remaining ¼ cup ketchup. Continue baking 15–20 min., until internal temperature is 165°F. Cool slightly, then cut into ½-inch slices.
You can grate whatever veggies you have on hand. If you cannot find the meatloaf mix, use a combination of ground beef and ground pork, or just ground beef.
To serve as another meal for 4, reserve 4 (½-inch) meatloaf slices. Top 4 pieces sourdough bread with 1 slice each American cheese. Top each with a meatloaf slice, another American cheese slice, and another piece of sourdough bread. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a 12-inch skillet on medium-high. Add 2 sandwiches and cook about 3–4 min. on each side until golden. Repeat with remaining sandwiches with another 1 tbsp oil. Add additional toppings such as lettuce, tomato, or sliced onions, if desired.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- April 2022
- Cook Once Eat Twice
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free