These hearty and flavorful bowls are packed with whole grains and protein to keep you energized all day.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, mint, or basil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup Nature's Promise® Organic Traditional Hummus
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pita chips, for serving
- 4 Nature's Promise® Organic Hard Cooked Eggs, kalamata olives, and pepperoncini (optional)
- In a medium pot, combine the bulgur, cumin, and 2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 10–12 min., until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, whisk together the oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. To bowl, add the herbs, tomatoes, and cucumber; toss to combine. Stir in bulgur; toss to combine. Refrigerate tabbouleh until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide tabbouleh among 4 bowls. Top with the hummus and feta. Crumble the pita chips on top to serve. If desired, slice eggs in half and place on top of bowls along with the olives and pepperoncini.
The bulgur wheat can be cooked up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- one pot
- whole grain
- Guiding Stars
- April 2022
- Meal Prep