Salami adds a meaty twist to this classic springtime side dish, made even easier by using the Instant Pot.
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped sliced salami
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh artichokes (around 2 lbs)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salami, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add the oil and stir to moisten the bread crumb mixture.
- Cut off the top quarter of the artichokes, trim stems, and snip pointy tips from each leaf. Rub the cut surfaces with cut side of the lemon to keep from browning. Separate the leaves to open up the artichokes. Push the stuffing down between the leaves, dividing it evenly among the artichokes.
- Place the metal trivet in the Instant Pot and add cold water to the bottom of the pot. Place artichokes stem side down on trivet. Seal and set to high pressure for 20 min. Let natural release for 10 min. Using tongs, carefully transfer artichokes to a serving platter.
Use a serrated knife to cut off the top ½ inch and bottoms of artichokes and kitchen shears to trim the leaves. After cooking, use a spoon to remove and discard the fuzzy choke from each artichoke.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- April 2022
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free