This Louisiana classic recipe comes together in just one pot and under 30 minutes. Shrimp and sausage give this dinner plenty of protein, and store-bought ingredients cut down the cook time.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (9 oz) pkg diced green, red, and yellow peppers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Cajun Style Andouille or Chorizo Chicken Sausage
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- ½ (1 lb) pkg frozen raw peeled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg precooked Nature's Promise® Brown Rice
For Garnish (optional):
- Chopped green onions
- Dash of Hot sauce
- In a medium deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the peppers, celery, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 4–5 min., until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, slice the sausage into ½-inch-thick rounds. Add the sausage to the skillet and cook 4–6 min., until browned.
- To skillet, add the tomatoes, shrimp, and rice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally. Serve with chopped green onions and hot sauce, if desired.
To make this kid-friendly, swap out spicy andouille or chorizo sausage for the more mild turkey kielbasa.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- September 2022
- one pot
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- 30 Minute
- Guiding Stars
- Thirty Minutes
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free