Cooking in the Instant Pot® keeps the beef tender in this one-pot curry. Coconut milk and cashews add richness to this easy and flavorful dinner recipe.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- 2 ½ cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 (13.5 oz) can lite unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (10 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Organic Green Beans
- ½ (16 oz) box thin rice noodles
- ⅓ cup cashews
- ½ chopped cilantro
- In an Instant Pot®, heat the oil on the sauté function on high. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Working in batches, sear beef 4–6 min., until browned on all sides. Turn off Instant Pot® and remove beef with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- To pot, add the onion. Stir in the curry powder and cayenne, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Set to sauté function again and add ½ cup water to deglaze, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon. Cook 5 min., until onion is tender. Stir in the broth and seared beef. Seal lid and set to high pressure. Cook 15 min., then quick release.
- To pot, add the potatoes. Seal lid and set to high pressure. Cook 3 min., then quick release. Stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Set Instant Pot® to sauté function. Add the green beans and rice noodles and cook 4–5 min., until softened. Top with the cashews and cilantro just before serving.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- September 2022
- gluten free
- Meal plan
- Guiding Stars
- Wheat Free
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free