This hearty salad recipe is a perfect side dish for your next holiday dinner. Sautéed Brussels sprouts are paired with creamy pimiento cheese, smoky bacon, and a touch of garlic.
- 2 (20 oz) pkgs halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ (2.1 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Uncured Fully Cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1 cup prepared pimiento cheese
- If needed, trim the Brussels sprouts. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high and add half of the Brussels sprouts. Add the water and season with salt and pepper. Cook 3–4 min., until a little cooked down, and then add remaining sprouts. Continue to cook 12–14 min., until sprouts are tender and water has evaporated. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 min., until fragrant. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, microwave the bacon according to package directions. Let cool briefly and finely chop or crumble with your hands. Stir the pimiento cheese into the Brussels sprouts. Top with bacon and serve.
If the packaged Brussels sprouts halves are on the larger side, halve them again. The cook time will be about the same.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Five Ingredient
- gluten free
- October November 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- Wheat Free
- Celebration Moments