This easy recipe for a spicy twist on a classic corn casserole is sure to be a new favorite addition to your holiday side dish list.
- ½ (2.1 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Uncured Fully Cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10 oz) pkg Taste of Inspirations® Jalapeno Pepper Cheese Dip with Bacon or 1 ¼ cups reduced-fat sour cream
- ¾ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (14.8 oz) can cream-style corn
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8.5 oz) box corn muffin mix, such as Jiffy®
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Microwave the bacon according to package directions. Let cool briefly and chop finely or crumble with your hands.
- Grease an 8x8-inch or 2-qt baking dish with the cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together the cheese dip, sour cream, corn, butter, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Add the corn muffin mix, crumbled bacon, and jalapeño, if using, and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake 40–50 min., until center is firm. Let cool 10 min. Serve warm.
If desired, garnish baked casserole with ¼ cup chopped green onions, 1 or 2 chopped jalapeños, and remaining cooked and chopped ½ pkg Nature’s Promise® Uncured Fully Cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- October November 2022
- Celebration Moments
- Jalapeno Poppers