This savory 5-ingredient skillet dinner is a great way to use vegetable slaw and frozen pierogies. Salty bacon adds the perfect amount of decadence to this easy and quick recipe.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 4 slices premium thick-cut sliced bacon
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 (10 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Vegetable Slaw
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Heat a medium pot of water to a boil on high. Add the pierogies, return water to a boil, and cook 3 min. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into ¼-inch-thick slices. Halve and thinly slice the onion. To a 12-inch skillet, add bacon and onion. Heat to medium-high. Cook 8–10 min., until bacon is evenly browned and onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the vegetable slaw and cook 2–3 min., until wilted.
- To skillet, stir in boiled pierogies and cook 2–3 min., until pierogies are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- one pan
- 5 ingredient
- October November 2022
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Meal Planning