Turn weeknight rigatoni into a spooky, Halloween-inspired showstopper. This rigatoni pie is sure to excite with pepperoni, mozzarella, and sliced olives. Will it be a feast or will it be a fright?
- 1 (16 oz) pkg rigatoni
- 2 tbsp Bertolli ® Olive Oil Extra Virgin, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (24 oz) jar Bertolli ® Traditional Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ (8 oz) pkg mozzarella cheese pearls
- ¼ (5 oz) pkg sliced mini pepperoni
- 4 stuffed green olives, sliced
- 8 sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, then place in a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp oil and toss to coat. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, brush the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Wrap outside of pan with foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Add Parmesan to cooled rigatoni and toss. Tilt prepared pan on its side and add rigatoni standing up, working from the sides to the center until the pan is filled. Adjust pasta as needed so it stands straight up. Lay pan down flat and pour half of the sauce over pasta. Cover pan with plastic and gently tap the pan on counter so sauce fills the pasta holes. Remove plastic and pour remaining sauce over pasta. Bake 15 min.
- Remove pasta pie from oven and sprinkle mozzarella over top. Bake another 15 min., until cheese is golden and melty.
- Meanwhile, assemble the eyeballs. Place 1 mozzarella pearl on top of each pepperoni slice. Arrange these over pie. Bake another 5 min., until pearls are just starting to melt. Slice green olives in half crosswise. Place green and/or black olive slices on each mozzarella pearl. Cool pie 10–15 min. before removing outer ring of springform pan.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- October November 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Celebration Moments
- Egg Free