Crab Rangoon is transformed in this creamy, party-friendly dip. Mimic the crunchy outside of the dumpling with easy homemade wonton chips for dipping.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8 oz) pkg imitation crab, flake style
- ½ (8 oz) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using kitchen shears or a knife, cut the wonton wrappers in half diagonally. Arrange half of wrappers on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets and coat with the cooking spray. Bake 10–12 min., until golden brown and crisp, flipping halfway through. Season with salt and let cool. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Coat a 2-qt shallow baking dish with cooking spray. To a medium bowl, add the crab and break up slightly with a fork or hands. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, ½ cup Cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour crab mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Cheddar over top. Bake 15–20 min., until cheese is golden and melted. Garnish with more green onions, if desired. Serve with wonton chips.
Keep dip warm by serving in your slow cooker on the warm mode.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Nut Free
- October November 2022
- Celebration Moments
- Slam Dunk Bites Cookbook
- Egg Free