Powdered cranberry gelatin turns these classic holiday cookies a festive red and adds fantastic tart-sweet flavor. Use a different stamp to make a variety of fun shapes.
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ (6 oz) pkg cranberry gelatin
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 or 3 cookie sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, with a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and gelatin on medium-high 2–3 min., until smooth and fluffy, scraping bowl as needed. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat 1 min., until combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour and salt. Beat 1–2 min., until incorporated. Set up a cookie press with a decorative plate and transfer dough to cookie press. (If you don’t have a cookie press, use a leveled tablespoon to scoop rounds onto cookie sheets.) Press cookies out onto parchment-lined baking sheets at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies 7–9 min., until edges are very lightly browned. Let cool on cookie sheets 5 min., then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Cookie Party
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022