Inspired by Texas caviar, this easy dip is the perfect last-minute snack for New Year’s Eve (both black-eyed peas and lentils symbolize good luck) or any get-together.
- 1 (12 oz) bag steam-ready yellow corn
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Nature's Promise® Organic Fresh Salsa
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Microwave the corn according to package directions. Let cool. In a large bowl, combine the salsa, lime juice, and oregano. Add the black-eyed peas, lentils, green onions, and corn. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 30 min. Serve with the tortilla chips.
Add 1 or 2 chopped jalapeños for heat, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free