This holiday “tear and share” appetizer uses frozen creamy crab dip—an affordable swap for crab meat that also saves time. If desired, shape the balls into a wreath or a star instead of a tree.
- 1 (8.25 oz) pkg Phillips ® Crab & Spinach Dip
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 (16.3 oz) pkgs refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the crab dip, garlic, lemon juice, 1 cup mozzarella, and crushed red pepper, if using. Set dip mixture aside.
- Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit in half. Flatten one piece of dough into a 3-inch circle. Place 2 tsp crab mixture in center and wrap dough to enclose. Pinch edges to seal and gently roll into a smooth ball; place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and crab mixture, forming balls into a Christmas tree. Brush tops of biscuits with the oil and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella. Bake 25–30 min., until biscuits are golden.
This recipe is
- sheet pan
- Nut Free
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022
- Egg Free