Mini mozzarella balls and grape tomatoes are the “ornaments” in this quick and easy holiday pasta—a fast and festive option for this busy season.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella pearls (ciliegene), drained
- Cook the linguine according to package directions, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid before draining pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and crushed red pepper, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 4–5 min., stirring often, until tomatoes soften and begin to burst. Remove from heat.
- To skillet, add linguine, pesto, and ¼ cup cooking liquid. Stir to form a sauce. Add more pasta water, 2 tbsp at a time, to thin sauce and coat pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl. Add basil and mozzarella pearls; toss to combine and serve.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minutes
- Guiding Stars
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022
- 15 minute
- Egg Free