Assemble this adorable hot cocoa station so everyone can customize their own mug. Make it an annual holiday tradition to enjoy while trimming the tree, making decorations, or watching movies like The Polar Express.
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 ½ (6 oz) boxes candy canes, unwrapped and divided
- 30 large marshmallows
- Cookie decorating markers
- ¼ cup mini pretzel sticks
- ½ (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup caramel candies
- 10 Pirouette® wafer cookies
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows (optional)
- 10 cups water or milk of choice
- 10 packets hot cocoa mix
- To a microwave-safe bowl, add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 30-sec. intervals until melted, stirring in between intervals. Dip straight ends of candy canes in melted chocolate and place on parchment-lined baking sheet to set. Transfer remaining melted chocolate to a small resealable bag.
- To make snowmen, snip corner of resealable bag with chocolate. Pipe a dot of chocolate between each of 3 large marshmallows to stick. Repeat with remaining marshmallows. Let set. Decorate snowmen with the decorating markers. Add pretzel sticks for the arms.
- Place remaining candy canes in a resealable bag and crush. Add the whipped topping to a medium bowl and place in the center of a large board or platter. Arrange chocolate-dipped candy canes, marshmallow snowmen, caramels, wafer cookies, remaining milk chocolate chips, and crushed candy canes on board. Add mini marshmallows, if desired.
- In a large pot, heat the water or milk on medium 5 min., until steaming. Add the hot cocoa mix and stir until dissolved. Divide hot chocolate among desired number of mugs and serve alongside assembled board.
For adults, add a shot of peppermint schnapps.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Grazing Board
- Movie Night
- Polar Express
- 30 Minute
- Thirty Minutes
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022
- Egg Free