Don’t forget to leave a treat for Santa’s reindeer. This sweet snack mix is inspired by puppy chow, also called for muddy buddies, or chocolate and confectioners’ sugar–coated cereal.
- ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ (12 oz) box Rice Chex ™ Cereal
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¾ cup M&M'S® Red & Green Chocolate Candies
- ½ cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate-hazelnut spread, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave in 30-sec. intervals for 2 min., until completely melted and combined, stirring between intervals.
- To a large bowl, add the Chex™ cereal. Pour chocolate–peanut butter mixture over cereal. Gently mix with a rubber spatula until cereal is fully coated.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar to a large resealable bag. Add cereal mixture to bag, seal tightly, and shake to thoroughly coat. Pour into a large bowl. Add the M&M's® and peanuts and toss to combine. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
To give this reindeer chow as a gift, package in mason jars or cellophane bags. Tie holiday ribbon around the packaging to add a festive touch.
This recipe is
- gluten free
- 15 minute
- Egg Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- gifts from the kitchen
- Wheat Free
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022