Bright, juicy orange and crunchy fennel make this the perfect winter side to balance heartier dishes. Serve at your holiday table or alongside any roasted main dish.
- 2 fennel bulbs
- ¼ cup poppy seed dressing
- 3 navel oranges
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (5 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Spring Salad Mix
- Remove stalks and fronds from the fennel bulbs; reserve fronds. Cut each bulb in half vertically. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, thinly shave the fennel. Transfer shaved fennel to a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Cover and let sit at room temperature 30 min. or up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, trim the top and bottom from the oranges so they sit flat on the cutting board. Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith, following the curve of the fruit. Cut oranges from end to end into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Place in a bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the salad mix and red onion. Add fennel and oranges and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Finely chop 1 tbsp reserved fennel fronds and sprinkle over salad.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- 5 ingredient
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- Guiding Stars
- December 2022