Tacos get a protein-packed upgrade with this easy dinner. Using both soft tortillas and crunchy taco shells gives this kid-friendly recipe the best of both worlds.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) packet Old El Paso ™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 (16 oz) can Old El Paso ™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8.2 oz) pkg Old El Paso ™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos and Fajitas
- 10 Old El Paso ™ Hard Shell Tacos
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high, cook the ground beef 6–7 min. Drain and return to skillet. Add ⅔ cup water and the seasoning mix and stir until combined. Cook 3–4 min., until sauce is thickened. Transfer beef mixture to a bowl.
- Transfer the refried beans to a microwave-safe bowl. Combine with ¾ cup cheese. Microwave 1–1½ min., until warm. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Place a flour tortilla on a cutting board. Spread on a thin layer of the refried bean mixture (about 2 tbsp). Top with a hard shell. Fold tortilla up around shell. Fill shell with some of the beef and remaining cheese, being careful not to overfill. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake gorditas 5 min., until cheese is melted. To serve, top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and hot sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Nut Free
- 30 Minute
- October November 2022
- Fresh May June 2023
- Guiding Stars
- Thirty Minutes
- Celebration Moments
- Egg Free