Use up all of your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch with this over-the-top turkey sandwich. Feel like Monica from the tv show Friends with her signature hack for keeping the sandwich moist.
- 3 slices white, brioche, or potato bread
- ½ cup leftover or jarred gravy, warmed if desired
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 oz sliced turkey
- ¼ cup leftover or store-bought mashed potatoes, warmed if desired
- ¼ cup leftover stuffing, warmed if desired
- 2 slices provolone
- Toast the bread slices until golden. Add the gravy to a shallow bowl and dip 1 toasted bread slice in gravy. Let gravy soak into bread while preparing rest of sandwich.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and cranberry sauce. Spread half the cranberry-mayo on one toasted bread slice. Top with the lettuce, turkey, and mashed potatoes. Place gravy-soaked bread slice on top of mashed potatoes. Add the stuffing and provolone on top of bread. Spread remaining cranberry-mayo on the remaining bread slice and place on top of sandwich. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- October November 2022