This easy casserole is loaded with different types of both fresh and frozen vegetables. Creamy white beans add protein to this plant-forward recipe.
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 (6 oz) pkg light spreadable cheese, such as Laughing Cow
- 1 tsp Nature's Promise® Organic Italian seasoning
- 1 (15.5 oz) can canned low-sodium white beans, drained and rinsed
- To a small bowl, add the panko, Parmesan, and 1 tbsp oil. Stir to coat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add the mushrooms and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 10–15 min., until browned. Stir in the spinach and garlic. Cook 1–2 min., until warm. Transfer mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- To skillet, add the broth and bring to a boil on medium-high. Add the cauliflower, Italian seasoning, and cheese, stirring until melted. Add the beans and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Add cauliflower mixture to the baking dish with vegetables and stir gently until combined. Top with the panko. Bake 30 min., until mixture bubbles and top browns. Serve warm.
This recipe is
- Dinner on a Dime
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free
- January 2023