Cabbage is a great way to stretch some chicken to make a quick and easy dinner. This plant-forward recipe comes together in just one skillet.
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ lb thinly sliced chicken breast, cut into strips
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Precooked Brown Rice (optional)
- Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Season with salt. Mix until combined. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Let sit 15 min. at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in refrigerator. Meanwhile, halve, core, and thinly slice the cabbage.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat the oil. Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding marinade. Add chicken to skillet and cook 4–5 min., until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and spread into an even layer. Cook 1–2 min., until cabbage starts to brown. Stir cabbage and spread back into an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 12–15 min., until tender, stirring occasionally. Return chicken and any juices to skillet. Toss until combined. Taste, adding more soy sauce, if needed. If using, heat the brown rice according to package instructions. Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- one pan
- Plant Forward
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- January 2023