Frozen spinach adds flavor and keeps the meatballs moist in this easy dinner recipe. Using thin spaghetti and premade sauce cuts down on the prep time.
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg ground turkey
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp sodium-free Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 (15 oz) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Drain the spinach very well and lightly squeeze out excess liquid. In a large bowl, combine spinach, garlic, turkey, oats, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Form mixture into about 24 (1½-inch) balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake meatballs 10–12 min., turning meatballs halfway through cooking time, until almost cooked through.
- To a Dutch oven, add the tomato sauce and remaining 1 tbsp Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer on medium-high. Add baked meatballs and simmer 10 min., until meatballs are fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta and sprinkle with the Parmesan, if desired.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- January 2023