Sweet frozen corn transforms this classic Italian pasta recipe. Try this egg-free twist for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg spaghetti
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus more to garnish
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on medium-high. Add the spaghetti and cook 8–10 min., until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking liquid before draining.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into large chunks. Heat a large 12-inch skillet on medium-high. Add the bacon and cook 6–8 min., until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- Meanwhile, microwave the corn according to package directions. To a blender, add warm corn and ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid. Blend until smooth. Transfer corn purée into skillet with bacon drippings. Cook 1–2 min., until thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add drained pasta to skillet and toss to coat. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bacon. Divide among bowls and garnish with additional Parmesan and the basil.
This recipe is
- February March 2023
- 5 ingredient
- Nut Free
- 30 Minute
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- Thirty Minutes
- Egg Free