Sweet blueberries folded into a rich sour cream batter produce muffins that have a tender crumb and dessert-like flavor. Not sure you can eat an entire batch? These freeze nicely, for a quick and easy breakfast any day of the week.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (1 tbsp plus 1 ¾ cup, divided)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup low fat milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease twelve 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 1 Tbsp of flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 3/4 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg; stir in sour cream and milk.
- Stir into flour mixture until just combined (batter will be lumpy).
- Stir in reserved blueberries just until evenly distributed.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 165kcal 8%
- Fat 4.5g 7%
- Saturated fat 3.6g 18%
- Carbs 28.1g 9%
- Sodium 256mg 11%
- 11.2g sugar
- 0.9g fiber
- 3.4g protein
- 14mg cholesterol