Pasta salad loaded with vegetables and tossed with your favorite vinaigrette salad dressing is an easy and impressive side dish for a backyard barbecue. This recipe can be prepared a day or two in advance and actually gets more flavorful each day.
- 3 cups dried wagon wheels, rotini, or other pasta
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved vertically and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 8 oz smoked cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese, cubed
- 6 oz pitted ripe olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh oregano or basil or 2 teaspoons dried oregano or basil
- 1 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette or red wine vinaigrette salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, squash, peas, sweet pepper, cheese, olives, tomato, onion, and oregano. Add dressing to pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Calories 291kcal 15%
- Fat 12.1g 19%
- Saturated fat 3.6g 18%
- Carbs 36.5g 12%
- Sodium 317mg 13%
- 2.2g sugar
- 2.6g fiber
- 9.9g protein
- 15mg cholesterol