Bring this simple but delicious berry pie to your next summer picnic or get-together. Strawberries and blueberries make the base of this pie while crushed strawberries and juice make up the glaze that pulls it all together. Be prepared to refrigerate this pie for at least four hours before serving.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1 baked pie shell (8-inch)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream) for topping
- First bake the pie shell according to pie directions. To make the glaze, crush 2 cups of strawberries; add cold water to make 2 cups juice mixture. Pour into a saucepan and place over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes; strain and add cold water to make 2 cups.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in strawberry juice mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until mixture is thick, stirring constantly. Cool glaze slightly.
- Generously fill baked pie shell with the fresh strawberries and blueberries. Pour the glaze over the pie. Put in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or until glaze is chilled and set.
- Before serving, whip cream with some sugar and a splash of vanilla to sweeten. Top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Calories 329kcal 16%
- Fat 11.9g 18%
- Saturated fat 6.2g 31%
- Carbs 56.6g 19%
- Sodium 89mg 4%
- 39.3g sugar
- 3.4g fiber
- 1.9g protein
- 27mg cholesterol