Who says all chili needs meat? This thick and rich bean, tomato and corn stew has all the hearty flavors—not to mention the heat—of the meat version. Just add your “four cans” to some simple sautéed onion, garlic and bell pepper and you're ready for game night.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 can (15.5 oz) no salt added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel golden corn no salt added, drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tsp nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic until soft. Add green pepper and brown lightly.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, beans and corn.
- Stir in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.
- Garnish each portion with a tablespoon of nonfat plain yogurt.
- Calories 316kcal 16%
- Fat 5.0g 8%
- Saturated fat 0.4g 2%
- Carbs 53.7g 18%
- Sodium 501mg 21%
- 12.4g sugar
- 16.8g fiber
- 16.1g protein
- 0mg cholesterol