Homemade enchilada sauce beats anything you'll find in a can, and most of what you'll find in a restaurant in this delicious recipe. Full of Mexican flavor, this easy-to-prepare dish will prove that you don't have to go out to enjoy a great tasting meal.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 oz diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cans ( 8 oz tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz ) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar or a combination of cheeses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large saute pan with oil. Saute onion and garlic until tender; add drained chilies, tomato sauce and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and flour. Stir well to combine.
- Add one cup of the sauce to the shredded chicken, mix in the rinsed and drained black beans and corn.
- Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds to soften and make them more pliable. Coat the bottom of a 13 x 9"pan with a ladle of sauce.
- Divide chicken mixture among the 8 tortillas. Fold tortillas over the filling, arrange in baking pan, top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake in oven until the cheese melts.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce. Garnish with cilantro leaves, chopped scallions, low-fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and/or diced avocado if desired.
- Calories 209kcal 10%
- Fat 7.0g 11%
- Saturated fat 2.7g 14%
- Carbs 23.8g 8%
- Sodium 231mg 10%
- 4.5g sugar
- 4.7g fiber
- 15.1g protein
- 27mg cholesterol