The aroma of the rosemary and lemon marinade is what makes this a legendary kabob. Chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms are grilled to divine tenderness. Leave the chicken out and you have a great vegetarian kabob.
For the marinade:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
For the kabobs:
- 4 bamboo skewers
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4- 6 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken and marinate for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- While the chicken marinates, soak the skewers in water for 1 hour and heat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate.
- To assemble skewers: thread marinated chicken and veggies on skewers; discard leftover marinade.
- Grill kabobs, turning once or twice, until chicken is opaque (about 8–12 minutes). Serve immediately.
- Calories 389kcal 19%
- Fat 28.1g 43%
- Saturated fat 5.8g 29%
- Carbs 9.6g 3%
- Sodium 88mg 4%
- 4.3g sugar
- 2.4g fiber
- 25.7g protein
- 76mg cholesterol